Sep

Florida Requirements for Minor (underage) Tattoos & Piercings

By

Under 18 and want a tattoo or piercing? This is what you need to make it easy…

Here you will find a link to the copy of the “MinorConsentForm” required by the state of Florida and Fine Ink Studios. Print out a copy, have your parent or legal guardian fill it out and have it notarized. Most banks and AMSCOT locations have a Notary Public available. Bring your parent or legal guardian with their photo ID and the “MinorConsentForm” in and we will be happy to give you the tattoos or piercings you want!

If you have any questions, give Fine Ink Studios a call at 407-361-3434. We will give you the answers you need to feel comfortable and confident enough to get the tattoo and/or piercing you desire!

In the state of Florida and at Fine Ink Studios, if you are under the age of 18 you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to get a tattoo or piercing.

Tattoo:

It is against the law in Florida to tattoo any person under the age of 16 regardless of concent. If you are 16 or 17 years old your parent or legal guardian must be present when you are being tattooed and you must give us a notarized copy of the “MinorConsentForm“. Your parent or legal guardian must also present a copy of their photo ID at the time of the tattoo.

Piercing:

Anyone under the age of 18 must give us a notarized copy of the “MinorConsentForm“. If you are under the age of 17 your parent or legal guardian must be present when you get your piercing. Your parent or legal guardian must also present a copy of their photo ID at the time of the piercing.

Comments

1. SuSu says:

I’m 17 coming down to visit my my brother and his girlfriend from another state, what would I need to do to get a tattoo if I’m going without my parents?

• admin says:

Your parent or guardian must be present at the time of the tattoo. They would also need to submit the notarized Minor Consent form and you would both need a picture ID.

Hope this helps!

Fine Ink Studios

2. alex says:

hey, I’m on vacation here from England and would like to get a tattoo done, but I’m only 16. My dad is happy to sign the consent form but is it required for me to have it notarized aswell and if so how do I go about getting it done?
    alex

• admin says:

Yes, your parent/guardian would be required to get a copy of the consent form notarized. Most Amscot locations offer notary service. There is also a business in our plaza that does it. Stop in and we will help you get it taken care of.

Feel free to give us a call at 407-361-3434 if you have any more questions!

Barnett
      Fine Ink Studios

3. Nicole says:

Okay so if my aunt is like my mom but isn’t legally my guardian… can she still sign the consent and be there. I’m 16.

• admin says:

You can print the Minor Concent Form from our website and have your parent or guardian fill it out and have it notarized. Your guardian must be present and provide ID at the time of the tattoo. If you have any other questions, please give us a call at 407-361-3434.

4. Annabeth says:

What is the youngest age a person can be pierced?

• admin says:

If you are under the age of 18 years old you must provide notarized parental or legal guardian consent for piercing. If you are under the age of 16 your parent or legal guardian must also be present at the time of the piercing.

If you have any additional questions, please give us a call at 407-361-3434.

Fine Ink Studios

5. oscar says:

What if im 14 and my parents agree to get me a tattoo.

• admin says:

I’m sorry, but it is unlawful in the state of Florida to tattoo anyone under the age of 16 (even with parental concent).

Fine Ink Studios

6. Melanie Ruiz says:

Hi, my name is Melanie.. And I’m gonna go on vacation with my family to Florida in August 3 weeks before my 16th birthday. I know you have to be 16 to get a tattoo, but is there anyway to make an exception? My mom would be present and would sign the consent form and everything, and what else do we have to get done in order to get the tattoo. And how much would it cost?

• admin says:

Hi Melanie,

I’m sorry but we will not be able to tattoo you until after you are 16 years old. Florida law states that it is unlawful to tattoo any person under the age of 16.

Fine Ink Studios

7. Haley says:

Hey! I wanted to get both my septum and nostril pierced at the same time and was wondering if two separate notarized forms were necessary?

• admin says:

Haley,

If you are getting the procedures done at the same time you will only need to have the Minor Consent Form notarized once.

If you have any other questions give us a call at 407-361-3434.

Barnett